6 – 12 Years
Elementary Montessori Teacher Training Diploma
The Indaba Institute is proudly offering South Africa’s first Association Montessori Internationale 6-12 course, commencing on the 25th February 2019!
The course covers in depth Montessori Philosophy, Psychology (theory and practice), Cosmic Education, which views the study of the whole universe as an interrelated entity. Cosmic Education includes mathematics, sciences, language, history, music and art. Also included is the development of the skill of scientific observation.
Module 1 : (Foundation Course) 25 Feb – 05 April 2019
Module 2 : 24 June 2019 – 02 August 2019
Module 3 : 06 January 2020 – 21 February 2020
Module 4 : 23 March 2020 – 08 May 2020
Module 5 : 22 June 2020 – 10 July 2020
- South African students: NQF 5 or equivalent
- International students: A-Level or equivalent
- A successful interview with the Director of Training
- A good command of the English language
- South African and all other African country residents: R45 000 (tuition only)
- International Students: $9000 (tuition only)
- A payment plan is available
*A limited number of sponsorship positions will be available for students residing in the Winelands.
Director of Training
Carol Hicks is an AMI Teacher Trainer at the elementary level, an AMI Elementary School Consultant and Examiner, a member of the AMI Scientific Pedagogical Group and is a past chair of the AMI Elementary Alumni Association. She earned her Bachelor of Arts Degree in History with a minor in Elementary Education from Marquette University. She holds both Primary and Elementary AMI Diplomas.
Carol brings a wealth of practical experiences to her work. She has eighteen years of teaching experience at the elementary level in both public and private Montessori schools and served eight years as a Montessori program coordinator in the Milwaukee Public Schools. She worked as a trainer at the Montessori Institute of Milwaukee. She has also given courses in Toronto and at WMI and lectured on a course in Thailand.
Nomvelo was born in the villages of the Eastern Cape in a small town called King William’s Town with her 5 siblings, with her being the 4th child. She attended primary school and matriculated from Toise Senior Secondary School in 1997.
She completed her National Diploma in Management Assistant at Benoni Technical College in East Rand. Nomvelo worked in different corporate companies in the Cape Winelands in Stellenbosch and joined the Indaba Montessori Institute as Office Manager in September 2017. She thoroughly appreciates the process of learning Montessori philosophy. Her last born was introduced to the wonderful world of Montessori at Lynedoch Children’s House where she is enrolled from the beginning of 2018.
3 – 6 Years
Association Montessori Internationale Primary 3-6 Diploma.
The Indaba Institute is proudly offering South Africa’s first Association Montessori Internationale Primary 3-6 Diploma, commencing on the 9th September 2019.
The course will cover topics on Montessori Theory, Language, Mathematics, Visual Arts and Music. In addition, the course will include observation skills development through activities andvideos, analysis of teaching practices, practice sessions, material making and reading and discussion of Montessori theory.
Module 1: 09 September 2019 – 18 October 2019
Module 2: 02 March 2020 – 10 April 2020
Module 3: 07 September 2020 – 23 October 2020
Module 4: 11 January 2021 – 26 February 2021
- South African students: NQF 4 or equivalent.
- International Students: A-Level certification or equivalent.
- A good command of the English Language Special admissions, for those without certification as outlined above, may be allowed at the discretion of the CourseDirector/s.
- South African citizens and African Continent passport holders: R45 000 (tuition only)
- International students $9000 (tuition only)
- A limited number of Cape Winelands sponsorships are available for students. Terms and conditions apply.
Click here to download:
CLOSING DATE FOR ALL APPLICATIONS
30 April 2019
DETAILS OF TRAINERS TO FOLLOW
Please contact us for any upcoming workshops.